Periods are no fun – period. The bloating, aches, pains and moodiness make for a pretty uncomfortable time when it’s that time of the month. But ladies, we’re not the only ones who suffer when we’re riding the crimson wave. Our feminine products are hurting the environment in a way that’s far worse than the most painful of period cramps.
Did you know…
- The average woman uses 11,000 to 17,000 tampons in her lifetime.
- Approximately 20 BILLION tampons, applicators and pads are sent to American landfills each year.
- Tampons and pads are full of harmful chemicals known as carcinogens. Carcinogens are resistant to biological breakdown and linked to reproductive disorders, impaired liver function, birth defects and depressed immune system in humans and wildlife.
- Pads and tampons aren’t naturally white, they are bleached with dioxins that are directly linked with cancer.
- The average woman will spend approximately $5,600 on her period over her lifetime.
- It takes six months for a tampon to biodegrade. Pads and applicators virtually never biodegrade.
Scary, but true. Not only do we spend a ton of cash on these chemical filled products, they’re also taking a huge toll on our environment. Like our mood-swings weren’t enough to deal with! But dont worry — there’s hope. An amazing little product called The Diva Cup is here to help. The Diva Cup is a high grade reusable silicon menstrual cup that can last up to 10 years!
Why we love The Diva Cup…
- 12 hour leak-free protection!
- Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability.
- Does not contain any of the following: latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, phthalate, elastomer, polyethylene, and free of colors and dyes.
- Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste, no chemicals.
- Features extra grip ridges for easier removal.
- Cleared for marketing by the US FDA and the Australian TGA and the only reusable menstrual cup allowed to be sold in Canada by Health Canada.
- Diva International Inc. is the only ISO 13485:2003 certified menstrual cup manufacturer.
Switching to a menstrual cup does take some getting used to…but don’t forget, so did your first tampon attempt. With a little practice and patience you’ll grow to be a Diva natural. And imagine, never having to buy feminine products again. Ever. So next time Aunt Flow is in town, try The Diva Cup for a cleaner, healthier, more affordable, eco -friendly period.