Main Photo of Blaire taken by Son Tran
It’s the holiday season…and it’s the time of year when sweaters are appropriate in pretty much every part of the country. I spend most of the season in Florida, away from the New York City snow, but evenings there still call for something cozy. From East Coast to West Coast there’s no denying the draw of a soft comfy sweater. They come in so many shapes and sizes that there is something for everyone. Check out my favorites from great companies that are doing things the right way for your sweater shopping pleasure.
- Everlane’s version is the ultimate basic – a classic cashmere crew in eight lovely colors.
- This sweatshirt from Alternative Apparel may be the most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn. Highly recommend this top for looking good while lounging, running errands, and opening presents!
- We love Zady and have been so excited for the launch of their Essential Collection. Their first product just happens to be perfect for this list, .01 The Sweater
- Ryan Roche is a New York designer we’ve got our eye on, and we’re not the only ones loving her clothes — she was a 2014 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist. Her knitwear has been described by many as “dreamy” and she’s been working with a women’s co-operative in Nepal to produce her cashmere knits since 2004.
- Patagonia’s Truth To Materials Campaign gives a second life to reclaimed and recycled fibers. This sporty, stylish, and super-comfy sweatshirt is made from a combination of cotton remnants and organic cotton.
Share your favorite holiday sweater pics @buyconscious!